Case status: Open
Case date: Aug 5, 2018
Location: Surry, VA
Identity: Public
Site classification: Historic

Report #747 – Initial Post by Brad Bradley

CPRI was asked to handle tours for Haunted Bacon’s Castle events on 10/13/18 and 10/27/18. Data was collected as if these were actual research projects.

Bacon’s Castle Address:
465 Bacons Castle Trail
Surry, VA 23883
Phone: (757) 357-5976

Carol Wiedel

Jennifer Hurst-Wender
Director of Museum Operations and Education

204 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Phone: 804-648.1889 ex. 315 | Fax: 804-775-0802
E-Mail: | Web:

Report #748 – Equipment Setup by Brad Bradley

Cameras – Kenny’s DVR and cameras were on the 1665 side with two cameras on the 1854 side and one outside pointing at the slave quarters.

Audio – We ran the audio interface array on the 1665 side of the building for live monitoring with 6 microphones. Allen’s DR05 was placed on the second floor of the 1854 side. Richard’s DR05 was placed in the slave quarters. We ended up placing a DR05 in the Garrot due to some radio interference on the array microphone there where we had to mute that microphone.

Dataloggers – PASCO was on the 2nd floor 1854 side along with a Geiger counter. Sensor block, tablet and Geiger counter was in the garrot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *